Fatherhood was always God’s idea. He always wanted a large family, and He wants us to be part of that family. He is our Daddy, and we’re not His only children. He has a big family and we have many siblings.
Every family has goals, and as members of God’s family, there are things we ought to know:
– Christ is the head of the church.
-Spiritual leadership was Christ’s idea. Ephesians 4:12-12.
– Love for the saints: We must have brotherly affection for one another.
– Growth in knowledge. Ephesians 1:16-18
– Service. We must discern our role in the body of Christ and contribute. Ephesians 4:16.
– Expand the family. God’s will is to have all men saved (1 Timothy 2:4), so we must know and execute our role to expand His family.